I’ve found five easy to apply tips to know your core audience. One of the best lessons I learned about communication was also one of the most basic. If you are attempting to communicate a message, you first must understand who is receiving said message. It makes sense to me. Everyone is different and has a different perspective about life in general so messages are always interpreted and a slight distortion of meaning is present in every message. With that basic foundation in place as a business owner or marketer, connecting with your core/target audience is the most important part of the job.
Beyond the core/target audience exists a subculture of super fans that will advocate for your brand and beyond. These are the customers that will buy your products for themselves, family, and friends. They will spread the news of your brand willingly to anyone who might be in need of your product or service. Most importantly they have become emotionally attached to your brand. These customers are critical to a healthy brand and if cultivated can drive sales through rough times and award major success in good times. Here are five ways to identify these customers so you can give them the attention they deserve. Check all the tips after the jump.
1. FIND THEM: I know this sounds a bit stalkerish, but so what it works. Go online and see who is commenting on your product. Check all the review site, social media, blogs, etc and reach out to them. Make them feel connected on a personal level with your brand.
2. ESTABLISH A INNER CIRCLE: Create a special group of VIP customers and invite them to join. You can give small discounts or special products within the group further strengthening the emotional tie to your brand. Encourage a focus group vibe to the VIP group so you can gain valuable feedback from your core in an environment controlled by you.
3. FIND THE ROOTS: It is important to find out how your super fans become super fans. You have to dig deep to find the roots of the connection. Asking questions about their first experiences with the brand and how they “found” you are the keys to creating more super fans. You want to narrow down the factors that work and create a plan to repeat that across your communication strategies.
4. KNOW THE NETWORK: Having a large collection of brand advocates is great but if you don’t have an idea of how many people that network actually reaches you are missing out. Taking time to estimate the size of your network reach is valuable to crafting effective marketing campaigns and promotions.
5. WORK WITH THEM: Ask your super fans about new promotions, discounts, events, products, anything. The feedback is invaluable and they are happy to help.
I hope this helps with your business communication. Pairing these methods along with Setster’s online booking solution can put you in the position to increase sales and convert more customers. Happy hunting.